Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

                               SPOILER

As I finished the book I realized things that don't happen in real life all the time. It ends by the family getting together again after Chris goes to live with his mother. When the family gets together Chris can't trust his dad because he lied to him for 15 years about his mom being dead. Also he cant trust him because he killed the neighbors dog. The dad lied to the son a lot and never really apologized. The book ends with the dad making a long speck about trusting him. The dad gets his trust i think by getting a dog for Christopher, and saying you can name it and walk it whenever you like. I think this gets Chris to trust him because after he killed a dog he is forgiving him with a dog of their own. This is also bribing i think because the dad is getting the son to trust him with presents.

I really liked this book because it is written from a perspective of a kid. I learned that he had problems interacting was because he was autistic. Another way I Learned he was autistic because he can do big math problems in his head.


All in all i think this story was really good and I would recommended it to everyone I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment